NORTH CENTRAL LOCAL LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT NETWORK
Structured Workplace Learning provides students with the opportunity to integrate practical on-the-job experience and learnings in industry with nationally recognised VET undertaken as part of either the VCE or the VCAL; VCE Industry and Enterprise; or VCAL units. It provides the context for:
• enhanced skill development
• practical application of industry knowledge
• assessment of units of competency
• achievement of some learning outcomes for VCE studies or VCAL units, and
• enhanced employment opportunities.
The SWL portal supports both Students and Employers explore placement possibilities .
The Program Manager at the NCLLEN offers direct support to schools, students and employers in navigating the system and in preparing, applying and accessing SWL opportunities.
Contact Mary-Ann Sait on 0400 696 156 for more information regarding the program and how you can get involved.
Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) Explainer Video, Produced by the Capital City LLEN